Legal Question in Technology Law in Kentucky

About a month ago, my house was searched and my electronics were seized by the Kentucky State Police cybercrimes unit under allegations I downloaded child pornography. I have never been in any kind of trouble with the law before and am not a child predator. I have never harmed or even thought about doing anything with a child. I need to know my rights. Please help. Thank you.

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

You need a lawyer ASAP. Downloading and possessing child porn are serious crimes. That you are not also a child predator doesn't change this fact. Your lack of a criminal record may help you when and if you are sentenced, but it has nothing to do with whether you are guilty.

While you may never have directly harmed a child, children are harmed severely when they are used by pornographers. Consumers of child pornography create a demand for it, which is why it happens. So even though you haven't personally harmed a child, you are part of the reason they were harmed by others.

More Computer & Technology Law questions and answers in Kentucky

Computer & Technology Law Legal Forms

Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA