Legal Question in Criminal Law in Kentucky

i have been charged with harrassing communications in ky by an exgirlfriend for continuing to text her after she asked me not to. i have never had any trouble with the law more than a traffic citation. what will happen to me? will i go to jail for this? will i receive a fine? do i need a lawyer? what should i do?

Asked on 2/21/11, 6:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Welker Welker Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Depends on what the charge actually is. You should have been advised of the potential sentence at arraignment. Class B misdemeanor harassment usually goes for a fine. Get an attorney. The county might be willing to divert the charge if you have no criminal history and you leave the girl alone.

Read more
Answered on 2/23/11, 3:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Kentucky

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now