Legal Question in Family Law in Kentucky

My ex-husband has full custody of our 14 year old daughter and I do not have visitation privalegdes nor do I want them. She has expressed that she wants no contact with me. Is there any way that I would be able to give up all my rights and be relinquested from my child support obligations?

Asked on 10/01/13, 12:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Gowin Bryan Gowin Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The only way this might happen, short of a step parent adoption, is if your ex agrees to same in writing and presented to the court, and even then the court does not have to approve it, although most likely will. It is possible if he is remarried for his wife to adoption your daughter which would terminate your rights to visits and requirement to pay child support.

Read more
Answered on 10/01/13, 5:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kentucky

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now