Legal Question in Family Law in Kentucky

file written response out of state

summons reauires written response in 20 days from anoters state RE:child support, if fileing required how do you do that, can not afford a lawyer, legal aid says can not help with out of state summons

Asked on 4/24/09, 10:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gregory Napier Troutman & Napier, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: file written response out of state

There are a few issues that a lawyer would look through for you that are too complicated to explain here. Basically, they would help you determine if the summons properly brings you before the court and, thus, whehther it would be wisest to respond or not.

Given that I cannot address all of those issues, if you decide to respond to the summons, then you simply mail your response to the court clerk of the court listed in the summons and to any other party listed on the summons. Be aware that doing so may mean you are waiving certain objections, like an objection to personal jurisdiction.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/09, 8:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kentucky

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now