Legal Question in Family Law in Kentucky

parental rights

I have been raising my daughter who is 12 getting read to turn 13 myself when she turned 5 he had to pay child support but over the years has failed to stay steady and they keep letting him off. What can I do to get the rights signed over so my husband can adopt her? He always brings up visitation in court but never follows through?

Asked on 5/01/08, 3:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gregory Napier Troutman & Napier, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: parental rights

You only have two options: get the dad to voluntarily terminate his parental rights or file an action for involuntary termination. Either of these processes requires precise compliance with the laws and so it is not something to do without an attorney. Where getting a divorce is like setting your own broken leg (it can be done but it will hurt like crazy and you'll never be the same), termination and adoption would be like doing brain surgery on yourself.

Read more
Answered on 5/02/08, 12:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kentucky

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now