Legal Question in Family Law in Kentucky

My son-in law left my daughter (no children) after 4 years of marriage. She is a student working on her masters and is desperately trying to save their marriage. In 9 weeks he has only contacted her once in an e-mail (2 sentences). She can not reach him to talk to him. She can not afford to live in the house they bought together or keep going to school to finish her degree and now is in debt for.He left after his school loans were taken care of with the help of both of them working. What are her rights and what should she do at this point? He filed for dissolution and she does not have the money for a lawyer.

Martin Kasdan, Jr. Martin Z. Kasdan, Jr., Attorney at Law

Quite simply, she needs a lawyer. If Husband filed already and she has been served with the papers, she only has 20 days from when she received them to file a response. She may be eligible for a Legal Aid attorney, or she could contact the KY Bar Association to inquire about the availability of a pro bono attorney. Good luck.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kentucky