Louisiana  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/16/01, 10:49 am

Revokable living trust or life lease?

I own and live in a house in Louisiana. I would like to transfer the deed to my house to my married son who lives in Vermont . I would stay in the house until my death. We would like to avoid his having to pay taxes and having to open succession. Also, I would like to avoid having the house becoming community property in the event of a divorce. I do not particularly want to have a will--can we do this?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search