Louisiana  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/27/04, 2:10 am

garnishment 25% of wages won by default how can this judgement be amended

Because I did not answer a civil citation and I mistakenly missed the court appointment by 15 minutes, I am now having 25% of my check garnished to pay this debt. Trust me when I say that I don't have an extra penny left over to pay anybody and was hoping to make this clear in court but I missed the hearing. How can I now at this late date show that I can't afford to make the payments that they are being taken from my check. Can I have this judgement amended? By the way my first garnish was today February 27th.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search