Louisiana  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/30/01, 9:36 pm

Name change after divorce

I was briefly married a second time and took my husbands name. My 10 yr.old son has the same name as his father, whom I was married to. My credit report, credit cards and bills all are still in my first married name. My drivers license and checking account are the only things in my second married name. It bothers my son that we do not have the same last name anymore, and frankly, I wish to return to my first married name. Can I request a return to a previous name at the DMV to get my license changed back, and can I still legally use my first married name?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search