Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

Child Guardianship

I wish to get guardianship of my 2 year old granddaughter. My 21 year old daughter in Louisiana is willing to grant be full gaurdianship. There is no father listed on the birth certificate, no child support, etc. Is there an easy way to get this done?

Asked on 1/31/08, 8:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Steele Steele Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Child Guardianship

Where is the granddaughter? Where do you live? Generally speaking, and given what you have described, it is pretty easy BUT I would need more information. For example, I would need to see the child's birth certificate. Contact me if you would like to provide me more information.

Read more
Answered on 2/01/08, 4:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now