Louisiana  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/29/07, 3:46 pm

Child Support

My boyfriend had a relationship with a woman that stated that one of her daughters is his. He was never placed on the birth certificate because that the time the woman was pregnant she was married to another man. The woman then went on to collect assistance from the state. My boyfriend without a paternaty test accepted that the child was his and has been paying for btraces for this child. The mother is now mad at Marvin and claiming that she is going to a lawyer because there are papers signed that he owes child support. She was also sleeping with 4 other men when she was sleeping with him, and she has admitted this as well to me. She lives in Louisiana and Marvin and I are in Florida. What can we do? And if there is such an order then wouldn't my boyfriend be in jail by now after 15 years? And if this order does exist how can that be if he was never listed as the father?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search