Louisiana  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/25/98, 8:33 pm

Custodial parent ordered to move from PA to LA or lose custody

A custodial parent (mother) of one minor child, age 7, moved from home state of Louisiana to Pennsylvania to pursue nursing career and personal relationship which culminated in engagement to be married to school teacher firmly established in Pennsylvania. Father subsequently sued for custody. Custodial parent (mother) traveled to appear at hearing. Family law parish judge, in chambers, instructed mother to relocate to Louisiana or he would be inclined to award custody of child to father. Mother is upstanding young woman, age 27, with fine career and no history of alcohol, drug, or child abuse. Is this constitutional? What is defense?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search