Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

My father passed away when I was 9 and now my mom remarried a few yrs ago-She's selling our place to give the money to new husband. My brother and I should get most of that money, as our share to our fathers share. I'm 19 now and can't live with her new husband in new house, I really don't want him to get our share of this money from my dad.

Asked on 10/01/13, 7:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Casanave Andrew M. Casanave
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

She should not be able to sell without your consent. You and your brother need to intervene. Consult with a lawyer who handles real estate matters.

Read more
Answered on 10/01/13, 10:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now