Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

Forgotten Spouse

What are the procedures for obtaining a divorce from a spouse you haven't had any contact with in three or more years. There hasn't been any cohabitation in more that nine years. Also, there may be problems locating the missing spouse. I would like the least expensive, quickest way possible. Thanks for all replies.

Asked on 1/09/02, 8:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Casanave Andrew M. Casanave
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Forgotten Spouse

In Louisiana, a divorce can be obtained because the parties have lived apart for over six months. This would be the easiest and cheapest basis.

If your spouse is missing the court can appoint a "curator ad hoc" to receive the service and attempt to contact your future ex.

Read more
Answered on 1/14/02, 12:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now