Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

giving up your parental rights

what would happen if I gave up my rights as a parent? I now pay child support for two children that I have no contact with because of their mothers.

Asked on 6/18/07, 12:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: giving up your parental rights

Probably nothing. In my jurisdiction, the court would not let you give up your rights unless there is another dad in the picture. Even if you gave up rights, you still owe support.

Read more
Answered on 6/18/07, 1:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now