Louisiana  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/19/13, 1:52 pm

Do I have rights as a father, the mother denies visits, has never asked for support, have not seen her in 11 years I have remarried and have a 7 year old daughter and want to have a part in the child's life, I tried to persue legal action before but financially able to proceed

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/21/13, 7:00 am by Nick Pizzolatto, Jr.

Of course you have rights, but after 11 years of not seeing your child, you will have to make a very convincing argument that you should be allowed back into the child's life. And the fact you never paid support will work against you. Just because the mother did not file for support did not eliminate your moral duty to support your child. Even if you could afford a very good attorney, your burden is great.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Pizzolatto Law Office 2771 Paul White Road Lake Charles, LA 70611

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search