Louisiana  |  Family Law

School Truancy

My son's mother was granted custody of him last december, since then he's been staying with different relatives. She will allow him to ''live'' with anyone else beside's me SOLELY BECAUSE OF THE AMOUNT OF CHILD SUPPORT I'M PAYING HER. She has committed herself in a pshyc ward and my son has been moving around ever since. She checked herself out and told my son to go and visit her sometime.

School started on last Friday, she has not registered him into any school as of yet. My oldest says she's talking of suicide. My question is what are my rights as a father? I've spoken with the high school principal and am waiting for a call from the local school board officials.I've gone to the d.a and the whole nine yards for sole custody, my son decided to remain with his mother, he realizes he's made a wrong decision, I can't enroll him into any school because I'm not the custodial parent, what do I do next? My son need to be in school.