Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

I want to know if it will be possible for my ex husband to get visitation rights of our son. He is a habitual offender, although he somehow continues to make deals to get out of trouble. My son is now 12 years old and does not wish to see my ex husband. My question is will my sons wishes be honored?

Asked on 2/18/10, 8:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

At that age, the Court will likely hear his testimony, but neither the child nor you have the ultimate say. The Court will do what the Court believes is in the best interests of the child.

Read more
Answered on 2/24/10, 1:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now