Louisiana  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/09/13, 8:49 pm

My younger brother has been living with me for the past couple of months in the state of La our mother feels it to be in his best interest to maintain this situation for the forseeible future is temporary guardianship the best course of action in this instance?

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/10/13, 7:53 am by Adam Lambert

I assume your brother is a minor. If so, the easier (and less expensive) route may be to simply have your mother sign over a Power of Attorney giving you authority to make decisions for the child's welfare, including educational and medical decisions. Just about any lawyer or notary can draft one for you. The cost would be MUCH less than seeking a Judgment through the Court and it would be MUCH faster. If you are near the New Orleans area, you may call or email me to draft and notarize it for you. Otherwise, search the LawGuru site for an attorney near you.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert 3531 Plymouth Pl. New Orleans, LA 70131

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search