Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Louisiana

I worked for a big company and paid extra on my health insurance for coverage if I became disabled until age 65. I contracted lung cancer and had to have a lung removed & was unable to work. MetLife notified that my 65th birthday Nov.2012 would be my last check, which they deposited in my account. I applied for my retirement from my Company and the company retroed the retirement back to Nov. Now Metlife wants the $750.00 check for Nov. back. MetLife says that I had an income in November. I was not working when I applied for retirement nor am I working now. I am disabled. I paid extra on my insurance to cover me until I was 65. My retirement should not have anything to do with my disability insurance. I am still disabled and unemployed. MetLife’s collection department is threatening me with a law suit. I need advice can you help?

Sincerely, catlou2@att.net

Martha Amanda Mandi Lucas Mandie Seale Lucas

You have a defense to any actions they may file. You received the monies lawfully and should not have to repay them.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Louisiana

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms