Legal Question in Immigration Law in Louisiana

I am currently on post-completion F-1 OPT and I am volunteering with my department at my university (unpaid), am I allowed to travel overseas without any problems with an official letter from my advisor (my employer), knowing that I have a valid F-1 Visa Stamp on my passport till the end of 2014?

Asked on 11/13/13, 1:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

As long as the F-1 visa in your passport, issued by the U.S. Consulate, is still valid & will still be valid beyond your intended return date to the U.S., then you should be re-admitted without incident. If not, you might need to obtain a new visa at the U.S. Consulate while abroad. CBP will not admit you without a valid visa, which is entirely different than an admission stamp in one's passport.

Read more
Answered on 11/13/13, 3:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Louisiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88563 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now