Legal Question in Employment Law in Louisiana

I was a contractor for 2012 and my contract states that I will be paid within 30 days of my invoice pending any holdbacks. I submitted the invoice beginning of November 2012 but I still have not been paid. Do I have any recourse against my employer? I know for a fact that my employer has already received payment for my services.

Asked on 1/04/13, 6:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Larry Demmons The Demmons Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You would likely have a breach of contract claim, but not a La. R.S. 23:631 et seq. claim because you are a contractor and not an "employee"

Read more
Answered on 1/05/13, 9:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Louisiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now