Legal Question in Employment Law in Louisiana

I was fired 2 weeks ago and my final paycheck has not been recieved by myself as of yet. What state agency or phone number can I contact in order to gert paid?

Asked on 4/05/11, 2:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Larry Demmons The Demmons Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There is no state agency that has jurisdiction over such a claim. You need to send a demand for payment (a letter requesting payment of the wages you are owed) and if you aren't paid after sending that letter, then you should speak to an attorney about filing suit under La. R.S. 23:631 et seq. Unfortunately, no state agency has jurisdiction to enforce such a claim - only the courts.

Read more
Answered on 4/05/11, 2:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Louisiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now