Louisiana  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/02/13, 9:14 pm

How do you force a practitioner to pay monies he collected in settlement of a personal injury case.

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/04/13, 4:21 pm by Nick Pizzolatto, Jr.

Not sure who the practitioner is? Assuming you mean your lawyer, you should go to the Bar Association and file a claim. If the lawyer spent the money or otherwise cannot pay it, the client reparation fund (not sure of the correct name) might pay you for his neglect. If none of that works, file a civil lawsuit claiming he misappropriated you money. At the same time, check with the DA's office where your lawyer practices, and see if you can file a criminal complaint.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Pizzolatto Law Office 2771 Paul White Road Lake Charles, LA 70611

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search