Legal Question in Product Liability in Louisiana

Car repair mess up

We had a new motor put in our Ford pickup on June 11, 2008 by a Ford dealership in Rock Springs, WY. 2 months and approx. 6000 miles later the transmission started pouring trans. fluid while we were on our way to IA. We took it to another Ford dealership in Ft. Dodge IA where they found that the transmission only had 1 bolt holding it when there should have been 10. The loose condition caused the trans. seal to go out and cost us $1100. The WY dealership takes no responsibility even though the IA dealership said that the tech could not have tightened the transmission the way it should have been when the motor was replaced. Do we have a case against the WY dealership? We contacted Ford and they said they could not do anything, that the dealership would have to be dealt with.

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

Re: Car repair mess up

You need a Wyoming Attorney, but I would suspect that you have a very good case against the dealership. Of course I am in Louisiana....

Re: Car repair mess up

More Products Liability questions and answers in Louisiana

Products Liability Legal Forms