Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Louisiana

I want to buy into a house that my boyfriend currently owns. He wants to refinance and put that money down and make a shorter term. Do we have to refinance or do a new act of sale. I want my name on title not mortgage.

Asked on 9/13/13, 1:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can't just "put your name on a title." You'd have to have an Act of sale to change the title and you'd have to pay off the mortgage.

Read more
Answered on 9/15/13, 6:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Louisiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now