Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Louisiana

Declaration of heirs

what are the cost associated with getting a Decl. of Heirs on deceased

parents property for siblings.

Along with that what is needed to sell the property if it was not properly registered.

Asked on 8/27/07, 2:26 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Declaration of heirs

May I assume you are speaking about a "declaration of death and heirship." That is an affidavit which is attached to a succession. If the property you want to sell is immoveable, that is a house and/or land or other permanent structures, then you should open a succession. With that the heirs are recognized as owners and they can sell the property. The cost is usually around 3% of the gross succession or $500 whichever is greater, and court costs of anywhere from $300 to $500. If the property is only a car or other vehicle or vehicles, then the DMV has a form the heirs can sign and they can sell the vehicle that way.

Read more
Answered on 8/28/07, 7:51 am
Johm Smith tom's
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Declaration of heirs

The filing fees will depend on the parish where the property is located. The legal cost will depend on what has to be corrected. Feel free to contact me and I'll assist you in getting an attorney where the property is located. and

Read more
Answered on 8/27/07, 4:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Louisiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now