Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Louisiana

Hi, I live in Shreveport, Louisiana. I am trying to switch attorneys because it has been 4 years I have been tied up in a property settlement after my divorce. I feel this has gone on to long. I have a court date on Sept. 30, 2013 on this matter. I spoke to a new attorney who told me that as long as I have a court date pending that she would not speak to me. Is this a law of some kind?

Asked on 8/06/13, 9:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

She cannot speak to you until you terminate the current attorney. Go to attorneys office with a written letter and terminate him and request all you files in, say 7 days. If there is static, then call the bar association in Baton Rouge and tell them it is an emergency.

Read more
Answered on 8/06/13, 5:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Louisiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now