Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Louisiana

My grandma signed her house over to me in an act of donation almost two years ago. I had to sign an affidavit saying she could live here until she passed. My question is when she dies can that be contested like a will or could her children fight me? can it be taken from me?

Asked on 10/04/13, 1:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Maguire James G. Maguire, Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

As long as your grandma was mentally competent and not under duress when she made the donation, and the donation is technically correct (notarized with two witnesses), the donation is valid and would be very difficult to contest.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/13, 6:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Louisiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now