Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Louisiana

inherited property

my father left a small house to his 4 children. 2 would like to keep it, 2 would like to sell it. Do the two have the right to force a sale of the property that we inherited?

Asked on 7/01/09, 10:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Casanave Andrew M. Casanave
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: inherited property

If someone files for a partition a sale would almost be necessary unless the two who want to keep it can buy out the other two.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/09, 11:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Louisiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now