Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Louisiana

Parent's will

My Mother died and left everything to my step-father until he passes, then all monies are to be distributed between my Mom's 3 children & his 3 children. While caring for our Mother at home (hospice care), my brother's & I found that he was having an affair. We no longer have a relationship with the step-father. Is there a way to see my Mom's will? He is about to marry the ''other woman'' Can he change the will? My younger brother is very upset & asked that I inquire. Thank you. I appreciate your time. V

Re: Parent's will

You can see your mother's Will if there was a probate of her estate because the document would then have been filed with the court in that proceeding. "Mom" may have been able to accomplish what you say she wanted to do with the use of a trust. That said, anyone including your step-father may change their Will at any time. Florida law does not require someone to leave anything to their adult children or step-children.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Louisiana