Maine  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/10/13, 5:15 pm

Per divorce settlement we are to sell the house. Due to the poor condition the house in, it can only be sold for less than we owe on it. He did sign the sale agreement, however, he refuses to send the requested documents (financial hardship statement etc.) to the mortgage company to complete the short sale application. Our case has been closed but it could be reopened if he sends the documents within 30 days. Otherwise, the only way for me to get out of the house that I don't want and cannot maintain by myself is foreclosure, which I, obviously, want to avoid.

I currently live in the house and pay the mortgage. I have never missed or been late on a payment.

What can I do?

Thank you!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search