Legal Question in Legal Ethics in Maine

Is it legal for an attorney to e-mail me, calling. me names and saying they are going to expose me as something i am not. i have received multiple messages from him telling me what he is going to do? Ty

David Marchese Marchese Injury Law, P.A.

Thank you for your inquiry. I must apologize for the other attorney calling you names. All attorneys should seek to be professional in their dealings with clients and opposing parties. I assume that you are not represented by counsel. In court, there are certainly legitimate reasons for name-calling, but it should be avoided if at all possible in dealings between the parties outside of court. Unfortunately, I cannot address the rest of your concerns because you have not provided enough information. Feel free to call me to discuss this at 207-775-6042. It is a toll-free call.

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in Maine