Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Maryland

discharge papers

How can I obtain copies of discharge papers?

Asked on 9/17/07, 7:08 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Richard S. Stolker Uptown Law, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: discharge papers

You can obtain a copy of your discharge at the courthouse in Baltimore (101 West Lombard Street) or Greenbelt (6500 Cherrywood Lane) if your discharge was entered within approximately the past two years. If it was entered before that, you should go to whichever courthouse supervised your case. If the case is more than a few years old, the case file may have been sent to the Federal Records Center, in which case you can order a copy of your discharge order, though it usually takes several weeks to obtain it.

Read more
Answered on 9/18/07, 9:38 am
Daniel Press Chung & Press, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: discharge papers

A copy of the discharge order should be in the court's case file for the bankruptcy case at issue. Depending on the date, it may be (a) available on the court's electronic case filing site, or for download at the clerk's office; (b) available on paper at the clerk's office; or (c) available to be retrieved for a fee from the National Archives and Records Administration, by order placed through the clerk's office. If you were the debtor, you should have received one, and if your lawyer still has his/her file, it should be in there.

Read more
Answered on 9/18/07, 1:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now