Maryland  |  Immigration Law

I lost u.s passport,state i.d (from the state of IL) and social security. I currently live in Maryland I only have tax return forms and my high school i.d as well as an expired passport from my country. I was naturalized via my fathers citizenship hence I was 16 at the time. I am currently 19 and will be 20 in Nov. when I called and asked theca and social security they told me I needed either my i.e. or my passport which I don't have. Idle where to start to recuperate my documents. I also have an expired green card. I need help please tell me where I can start, thanks.

Answered on: 8/08/12, 6:06 pm by Carolyn Goldfarb

You need to apply for a certificate of citizenship, form N-600 with USCIS. You should have doen that when your fathe naturalized and applied for a passport for you. But it is never too late. It will take time. But it will solve your problem. You can also apply for a replacement US passport. Make sure you file a police report..

Carolyn S. Goldfarb, Esq. 20 West 20th Street 2nd Floor New York, NY 10011-9260

Answered on: 8/09/12, 11:03 am by John Pearce

You should also follow the instructions listed on the link below.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/lost/lost_848.html

Law Office of John Pearce, LLC 1343 South State Street Ste #321 Salt Lake City, UT 84115