Legal Question in Immigration Law in Maryland

I lost u.s passport,state i.d (from the state of IL) and social security. I currently live in Maryland I only have tax return forms and my high school i.d as well as an expired passport from my country. I was naturalized via my fathers citizenship hence I was 16 at the time. I am currently 19 and will be 20 in Nov. when I called and asked theca and social security they told me I needed either my i.e. or my passport which I don't have. Idle where to start to recuperate my documents. I also have an expired green card. I need help please tell me where I can start, thanks.

Asked on 8/08/12, 5:11 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Carolyn Goldfarb Carolyn S. Goldfarb, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to apply for a certificate of citizenship, form N-600 with USCIS. You should have doen that when your fathe naturalized and applied for a passport for you. But it is never too late. It will take time. But it will solve your problem. You can also apply for a replacement US passport. Make sure you file a police report..

Read more
Answered on 8/08/12, 6:06 pm
John Pearce Law Office of John Pearce, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should also follow the instructions listed on the link below.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/12, 11:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Adam LambertThe Law Office of Adam S. LambertNew Orleans, LA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now