Maryland  |  Personal Injury

Pedestrain hit by car

I was hit by a car last year in Aug while crosing the road. The insurance asked us our lawyers name and contacted him. The lawyer calls us back after two weeks to say that our case is not strong as MD laws are different. What he told us: if we are at fault, even if it is 10% the case will not be good and we lose.

Now we forgot all about it till the bills started coming in. I was insured at that time by MDIPA but they have put all bills as pending.

Our thinking was at least i was insured so medical bills will be paid.

From the accident, I was hurt and taken to emergency and they discharged me next day. I had a fracture on nose and left leg and bruises all over. Saw an orthopedic who put me on rest for two weeks which meant absence from work.

We filled in the claim form Progressive sent last month as we did not want to get into law suits etc esp after the lawyer said No to us. It seems they feel we are at fault. From the claims insurance said max we might get 2K but this we know will not even pay for our bills.

Should I get another lawyer? Will it help at this later stage? or as they said MD laws are different and we should sit quietly?