Legal Question in Criminal Law in Maryland

Will MD extradict from 6 hours away for theft?

I am trying to find out if maryland will extradict from 6 hours away for 3 charges of theft scheme over 500. I am also looking for a lawyer.My sister in law allowed me to put a telephone and walmart card in her name 2 years ago and when I was sick & couldnt make the payments to her for a few months she filed charges saying she never allowed me to do this to get it off of her credit report.I have never been in trouble before and am 34.I am saving money now to take care of this but am worried about them coming here,her brother said she told them where I am and they said they werent willing to come here for those charges.I also dont want to be found guilty of this when she is lying,I would have never just put something in her name without her approval.Her brother has even paid most of it off to her,the total I owed in her name was only 800.00 so I dont even know why there are 3 charges of theft scheme over 500.I reall would like to find a Maryland lawyer to handle this, in baltimore county preferably.

Steven Scheinin Steven J. Scheinin, Lawyer

I am a Baltimore County Criminal lawyer. Normally, if you have a lawyer involved he can contact the Court and make arrangements so that you would not be extradited.

Sabitiyu Abou Trye, Abou and Joseph

Re: Will MD extradict from 6 hours away for theft?

In order to determine whether Maryland would extradite I will need more information such as ; whether or not you are currently in custody ,the aggregate amount you are alleged to have stolen, your current location etc. You may wish to contact me so that I can fully assess your case. my office is in baltimore city but i do practice in baltimore county. I may be reached at sabou@tajlegal.com

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Maryland