Maryland  |  Business Law

I have a small team of telecallers. We were working for a Company based in Westernport MD 21562. They have hired us for doing telecalling on behalf of them. We worked for them for some time, but right they are not paying us the money accepted. I have suffered a loss of 2500 $ and still have 2200 $ to receive from them. I would require your legal advice on this matter.

Answered on: 7/22/13, 2:48 pm by Thomas Valkenet

Your rights to payment begin with a review of the contract document, and it's recitation of remedies for breach. If you must sue, you might bring this as a "small claim" in the District Court of Maryland.

Young & Valkenet 600 Wyndhurst Avenue, Suite 230 Baltimore, MD 21210

Answered on: 7/23/13, 8:00 am by Cedulie Laumann

If your team involved employees (rather than truly independent contractors), then you may well have claims under Maryland's wage and hour laws. Maryland requires that all employers pay employees in a timely manner. It makes more sense to sue for statutory violations if they exist because of greater damages and because the law shifts the burden to the employer to pay for legal fees if you win.

My firm has represented employees in unpaid wage claims and offers a no-cost initial phone consult for wage matters, or contact another Maryland attorney/firm of your choosing. While I hope this general legal information helps, it does not create any kind of attorney/client relationship or promise to represent. The specific facts of your situation may affect how the law applies to you.

Arden Law Firm 1028 Generals Hwy Crownsville, MD 21032