Legal Question in Business Law in Maryland

I am starting a greeting card business. I want to make my own envelopes that have a peel and seal back. Not the kind you have to lick. My question is, i was going to use double sided tape made from a company like scotch. If the backng of the tape has the scotch ligo on it. Am i still able to sell my envelopes? Or do i have to get permission to use the tape on my envelopes?

Dipo Akin-Deko Akin-Deko Professional Services Firm PLLC

If the scotch name or scotch logo is on your product without their permission, you likely will be infringing on their intellectual property and leaving yourself open for liability. That is the general rule. To determine if an exception would apply one would need to review the specifics of what your product is, how its being made, if its patented etc, if any licenses habe been given or needed etc.

More Business Law questions and answers in Maryland

Business Law Legal Forms