Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Maryland

My child’s school has passed a new rule that states I can no longer pic my child up from the front of the school. Because of where we live bus ride is unavailable (to close to school) so I can either car ride or make them a walker. Up to know they have been registered as a car rider. This way they are safely in the school till I arrive to escort them home. They changed the rules making it so all parents must wait for their child at the end of school drive, picking them up at the cross walk. my concern is if for some reason I was even 3 minutes late my 5 year old child would be escorted across the cross walk and left to fend for himself on the 1 -1.5 mile walk home. 85 % of all successful child abductions occur within .25 miles of the school or home. 100 children a year are killed at school crossing zones every year and 23,000 injured. My concerns are not unfounded these are not high school kids they are kindergarteners. I want to know if I have a legal right to pic my child up at the front door and personally escort him home. The school is Maugansville Elementry Hagerstown Md 21740

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

Complain to the Superintenant. If that doesn't work, go to the school board with a petition from parents.

Also licensed and practicing in Maryland

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Maryland

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms