Maryland  |  Civil Rights Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/10/13, 1:29 pm

I have a wage garnishment that comes out of my pay every week. Maryland law states that the creditor must provide the debtor and garnishee with a payment statement (DC/CV66. For 8 months the creditor has failed to provide this statement. Is this grounds to have the garnishment dropped?

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/12/13, 1:19 pm by Misty Wilks

You need to pick up the phone and consult with an attorney. Seriously. You may be losing money unnecessarily. But an attorney will want to ask you specific questions about your situation. Most attorneys would be willing to discuss this with you for free.

You might also want to consider bankruptcy - which will stop the garnishment instantly. And also clear up all your other debt.

Misty 202.642.2650

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

WilksLaw 4716 Crenshaw, Los Angeles Washington, Dc & Md &, CA 90043

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search