Maryland  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/25/12, 11:57 am

I learned yesterday morning from my bank that they had received a court order - garnishment of property for a debt I owe to another bank but is currently w/an attorney's office. They put a hold on my account, which means I have NO ACCESS to my paycheck that gets deposited into my checking account on a weekly basis. That is the ONLY income coming into my family, I have 4 young children and my husband was laid off 1 year ago. I was left w/out money. And the attorney's office is of no help right now, I didn't even get a copy of the court order. How can I reverse the garnishment of property? This is all the money I have to to for our family to get by until I get I paid again.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search