Maryland  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/09/06, 3:50 pm

How long can a misdemeanor remain on your record?

My husband has two misdemeanor charges on his record one charge for second degree assault from 1998(19yearsold at the time). One marijauana charge from 2001(21 years old at the time). The second degree assualt charge he served two days and 58 days were suspened and the marijauana charge he had to pay some fines. He has had no charges or any trouble since the 2001 however this is a problem when applying for positions which he is qualified for but is blocked out from due to his record. Is there anyway to get these charges removed from his record? If so how may we go about this from a legal prospective. He needs to be able to move on with is life and not be haunted by silly youthful mistakes.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search