Legal Question in Criminal Law in Maryland

probation supervised

can a lawyer help me get unsupervised probation?

Asked on 5/12/09, 10:04 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Waranch Law Offices of David R. Waranch, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: probation supervised

Yes. A lawyer may be able to file a motion to modify your sentence, request a hearing, and ask the judge to place you on unsupervised probation. However, the motion has to be filed within 90 days of the sentence or else the Judge may not consider it.


Read more
Answered on 5/12/09, 3:33 pm
Jason Cleckner Law Office of Jason Cleckner, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: probation supervised

Definitely! The only thing better than having a lawyer to help you in Court is if your father is the judge.

A lawyer will know exactly what to have you do before court and how to make an argument to a particular judge to get unsupervised. Knowing how a particular judge works is almost as important as taking the right steps to make he/she happy, and only an experienced criminal defense lawyer will know the judges.

Read more
Answered on 5/12/09, 4:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now