Maryland  |  Discrimination Law

i was fired from my job an given no reason then was told since i was on a probation period they didnt have to give me a reason a few days later a caucasion was hired in my spot i have since then filed a complaint with the eeoc do i have a legitamate complaint

Answered on: 4/22/11, 9:03 am by Paula McGill

Although an employer can fire you for any reason, he cannot discriminate in the firing or hiring decision. Therefore, you may have a valid complaint. If you just file the charge with the EEOC, you can wiat six months before requesting a right to sue letter. At this point, the EEOC is swamped. As a result, it is very likely that six months will pass without any activity from the EEOC.

Nevertheless, you can hire an attorney to negotiate with the employer while the EEOC charge is going through the Agency. If you need additional information about your rights, you can contact me at demandingjustice@gmail.com. I have offices in Bethesda and Baltimore.

Attorney at Law 1100 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 200 Atlanta, GA 30309