Maryland  |  DUI Law

should I retain a lawyer who sent solicitation letter? Are they reputable? I have been told never to retain one.

Answered on: 6/03/13, 11:31 am by Jason Cleckner

It really depends on who you get, I think there are a lot of good and a lot of bad out there. Before you hire anyone, you should have a detailed conversation about the case to see if you feel comfortable.

Law Office of Jason Cleckner, LLC 110 N. Washington Street, Suite 400 Rockville, MD 20850

Answered on: 6/03/13, 1:02 pm by Steven Scheinin

Most lawyers get referrals from other clients, or sites like this one. Lawyers that send out solicitation letters are probably in violation of the ethical rules of conduct. Ask your friends and associates what lawyer they recommend.

Steven J. Scheinin, Lawyer 305 W. Chesapeake Avenue Towson, MD 21204

Answered on: 6/03/13, 4:27 pm by William Welch

Whether to retain a lawyer is up to you. Consider whether you know the law, procedure, rules of evidence, prosecutor, and judge well enough to risk having a permanent criminal conviction and possibly having to serve time. When deciding who to retain as your attorney ask yourself whether the person listens to you, answers your questions, seems to know what he or she is doing, and whether you feel that this person would try his or her best for you. An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.

William L. Welch, III Attorney 111 South Calvert Street, Suite 2700 Baltimore, MD 21202