Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

I am a 17 yr old female in Maryland,i turn 18 in a month and a half. my mom and I are not getting along, I havn been staying with my boyfriend who is older and on probation, I know our relationship is not illegal but if I do decide to leave is there any recourse that my mom could use to make me come back home, and cause problems for my boyfriend?

Asked on 10/24/13, 6:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You are under the legal custody of your mother until you turn 18, but in view of the proximity of your birthday, it probably wouldn't be worthwhile for her to take court action to require you to come home for such a short period of time.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/13, 7:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now