Maryland  |  Family Law

Buying me out of our hosue

My husband and I are getting seperated. We have to live seperately for a year before we can get a divorce. I am moving out and he is willing to buy me out of our home, now. What is the equation you use to figure what he should pay me? There is a tist - his parents gave up $50k for a down payment that is to be paid back at the tiemt he house was sold.

Answered on: 5/12/06, 11:49 am by A.P. Pishevar

Re: Buying me out of our hosue

Generally, in Maryland, there are very complicated formulas that are used to calculate various different types of cases. The details are important and must be properly assessed. For example the "BANGS FORMULA" is applicable to real property purchased by one party prior to the marriage but then somehow commingled by refinancing, etc. It is an equitable system that we have and the contributions and proper portions are weighed to arrive at a "fair" distribution of any marital property. Please feel free to make an appointment to see us for a consultation. on the Web: PishevarLegal.com

The Pishevar Law Firm, P.C. 600 E. Jefferson St., Suite 316 Rockville, MD 20852