Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

My child was born out of wedlock by a us citizen father she is currently with her father in the states his father wanted sole custody of her what can I do

Asked on 7/12/13, 6:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you want custody you will have to file a court petition in the jurisdiction where the father is living. You should consult with an experienced family law attorney who practices in that jurisdiction. You can find one on the internet or through the bar association in that county.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/13, 6:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now