Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

Hi my child father filed for full custody and child support of our two year old daughter the father is a US citizen living in the united states the child is also a US citizen by her father she is also currently living in the states with the father for ten months now I am a Jamaican the child was born here in Jamaica but went to visit with the father he Rufuse to take her back to Jamaica in my care we had a scheduling hearing two weeks ago and we are going to have a Pendente Hearing in a week what are my chances of getting access right to my child I am also representing my self he has an attorney. I appreciate your legal advice

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

If you are seeking custody, the court will hear each side of the case and then decide who is best able to care for the child. Even if the father is awarded custody, you will be given visitation rights, but given your location that will be difficult to enjoy. You really should try to get an experienced family attorney here to represent you. If you cannot afford an attorney, one may be available to you at reduced fees or even pro bono (free) if you income qualify. Contact the bar association in the county where the case will be heard for further information.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland